1. General information
To provide its service, the Publisher collects personal data from visitors to its website https://www.studying-in-france.com.
The Publisher, as Data Controller, undertakes to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (RGPD) and Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 as amended.
The company collecting the personal data and carrying out the data processing is:
Mr. Théo Debroize’s microenterprise, SIRET number 84088949700011, e-mail address: [email protected].
3. Purpose of data collection and legal bases
The Publisher shall ensure that it has one or more of the following legal bases for collecting personal data:
- The execution of a contract (e.g. to process and send an order or to open and manage an account on the Site), or ;
- The performance of a legal obligation (e.g. retention of invoices), or ;
- When it is in the legitimate interest of the Publisher, or ;
- When the client has given his or her consent to the collection of the data.
The Publisher’s legitimate interest must not conflict with the rights and freedoms of Customers. Examples of legitimate interests mentioned in the DGMP include fraud prevention, direct marketing and data sharing within a group of companies.
The Publisher collects and processes the personal data of its customers in order to carry out the following processing operations:
|Purpose of the processing carried out by the Publisher||Legal basis|
4. Rights of individuals
a. What rights can be exercised?
Pursuant to Articles 15 to 22 of Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, any natural person whose data have been collected has the right to exercise the following rights:
- A right of access;
- A right of rectification:
- A right to object to the processing of its data and to delete its data;
- A right to oppose profiling;
- A right to limitation of processing;
- A right to the portability of its data;
The Client may also formulate directives relating to the storage, erasure and communication of his personal data after his death in accordance with Article 40-1 of Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978. These guidelines may be general or specific.
When the Publisher detects a violation of personal data likely to create a high risk to the Customer’s rights and freedoms, the Customer will be informed of this violation as soon as possible.
Finally, the Client may withdraw his consent at any time.
b. How to exercise them?
These rights may be exercised with the Publisher who collected the personal data as follows:
- By electronic means, at the following address: [email protected].
The request must indicate the name, first name, postal address, email, if possible the customer reference and must be accompanied by a proof of identity.
The Publisher shall send a reply within 1 month after the exercise of the right. In some cases, due to the complexity of the request or the number of requests, this period may be extended by 2 months.
These rights may, in certain cases provided for by the regulations, be subject to exceptions.
In the event of a non-response or unsatisfactory response, the data subject may refer the matter to the data protection supervisory authority (CNIL: www.cnil.fr).
5. Recipient of the data
Your data is transmitted to partners of the Publisher who may process the data on their behalf (they are recipients) or only on behalf of and according to the instructions of the Publisher (they are subcontractors).
The recipients of the data are:
- Payment institutions (banks)
The Publisher also uses subcontractors for the following operations:
- Secure payment on the site
- The fight against fraud
- The performance of technical maintenance and development operations for the Publisher’s website, Internet applications and information system
- The collection of customer opinions
- Sending sales prospecting emails
6. Data retention period
The Publisher has established precise rules concerning the length of time for which Customers’ personal data are kept. As a matter of principle, unless otherwise required by law, data shall be kept for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected.
The storage periods used are as follows:
- Prospect data (no one who has ever bought) is stored 3 years after the last contact from the prospect;
- Customer data is kept for 3 years from the last purchase;
- Cookies for audience measurement, targeted advertising and sharing on social networks are stored on the customer’s terminal for a period of 13 months;
- Purchase invoices are kept for 10 years.
7. Collection of data from minors
It is necessary to be 18 years old to create an account on the Publisher’s website and make purchases.
As the Publisher does not collect data on minors under 18 years of age, any Internet user under 18 years of age must waive the creation of an account.
8. Commercial prospecting
The Publisher uses your contact details to send you targeted advertisements, in particular by email, post, SMS or on social networks.
The Publisher complies with the rules laid down by Directive 2002/58/EC of 12 July 2002, which provides for the prior express consent of the customer to send commercial prospecting by electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
Thus, when creating your account on the site, you are expressly asked for your consent to receive offers from the Publisher by email.
The Publisher will not send you personalized solicitations by email or sms if you have not consented.
There is an exception when the Customer, without having given his prior consent, may nevertheless be solicited if he is already a customer of the Publisher, if the purpose of the prospecting is to offer similar products or services and if he has been able to oppose it at the time of collection.
In all cases, the customer has the possibility to oppose the receipt of these solicitations by taking the following actions:
- For the email, by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each email;
- For the SMS, by sending an SMS stop to the number indicated in it;
- By contacting customer service.
The Publisher has the possibility to contact you by telephone to propose offers on products or services. If you do not wish to be solicited, you have the possibility to register on the list of opposition to telephone solicitation available on the website www.bloctel.gouv.fr.