What should I know?
Updated October 2020 3-minutes read
Updated October 2020 3-min read
In France, most students receive financial assistance from the State to pay their rent. It goes from €70 to €295/month.
There is no minimum age to receive the student housing aid (often called “APL” in French) but you must meet several criteria:
- The accommodation is your main residence in France.
- Your rent certificate must be signed by your landlord.
- Your name must be on the lease.
- You cannot be related to your landlord.
- You are a EU citizen or VLS-TS holder.
- You must have low/ no incomes.
- You must have a French bank account.
You don’t have a French bank account yet?
No worries! We recommend you Monese: opening an account is really simple, free and almost instantaneous. Also, customer support is multilingual (French, English, Spanish…) 👌
If you want to know more about Monese, here are some links you might want to check out: